Home Repair Services is proud to be a partner organization, along with several other in the community, for the Community Food Club of GR.
The mission of Community Food Club of Greater Grand Rapids is to be a collaborative systemic response to hunger, promoting food security, consumer choice and dignity for low-income member households.
The Food Club is intentionally collaborative in nature and design. Seven local organizations have agreed to establish an L3C and function as such under the Michigan Limited Liability Company Act, with one of the organizations -- Home Repair Services--identified as the Fiduciary and Employer of Record for the entity.
The seven partner agencies are:
1. Westminster Presbyterian Church / Downtown Pantry
2. United Church Outreach Ministry (UCOM)
3. The Salvation Army Social Services
4. Feeding America -- West Michigan Food Bank
5. Habitat for Humanity of Kent County
6. Home Repair Services of Kent County
7. Access of West Michigan
The Community Food Club is located in the east end of our building, and is open Monday-Friday from 10am-5pm and Saturday from 10am-2pm.
Visit their website to learn more.