You showed me a
Sense of freedom
The Home Access Ramps and Modifications program provides accessibility modifications for people with mobility impairments, including the installation of wheelchair ramps, bathroom grab bars, handrails, and bathroom modifications. A co-payment is required for each completed repair and is based on household income and total job cost.
You may qualify!
To see our eligibility requirements on our Home Accessibility services, please view the income limits table below. For all inquiries on registration or eligibility, please call us at (616) 241-2601 or visit our Contact Us page.
Do you or a loved one have limited mobility and need an accessibility modification?
See registration requirements
Homeowner or renter (owner occupied residences only) located in Kent County
Meet income eligibility requirements based on household size
Ability to provide the following documentation:
- Proof of Ownership: A deed, land contract, mortgage document, or mobile home title (if applicable) OR lease agreement
- Your Michigan driver’s license or Michigan Identification card
- Your most recent pay stub (if applicable)
- Your latest federal & state tax return with all W-2’s, schedules, IRS Form 1099 for pension, or self-employment income (if applicable)
- Your current Social Security Administration Annual Awards Benefit Letter
- Food and/or cash assistance award letter (if applicable)
- Your Friend-of-the-Court verification documents (if applicable)